Sunday, June 20, 2010


Today we honor all fathers! Good or bad,those who were there or not. I've had three fathers in my life. My biological father who my mother divorced before I ever had the chance to form a memory of him being in our home. Then I had a step Father who was abusive in unmentionable ways, and Last but not least My second step Father who in his own way loved us all as his own. David Preston Palmer became my step father after I was an adult and had three small children of my own. He was my step father and friend for nearly 20 years until Cancer stole him away from us! He was not my Father, but he was a wonderful fill-in and no one can fill his shoes. Rest in Peace you precious man. You will never again know fear or torment. I'll meet ya there someday. How bout you meet me here and we'll cross together. I'll bring the coconut cream pie when I come! How about some Angel food cake LOL thats supposed to be funny! I love ya man!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful, sweet tribute to your stepdad. You were truly blessed.

    ReplyDelete